Wednesday, June 1, 2011

theIntrepids

I've mentioned on Facebook recently that I was fortunate enough to be able to work on a new independent comic series that is being published by Image comics, called the Intrepid's, with fellow ACAD Alumni Scott Kowalchuk. Scott provided the Illustration work, and I did all the colour artwork. 
It was a very challenging project that took me out of my element, and was a a lot of firsts for me. I had never coloured someone else's work, nor coloured any comic pages before this, so I had a lot of learning to do, while of course working to maintain a timely schedule as well. ( well, tried as hard as I could..) 
It certainly led to many late nights, but I think ultimately it was in many aspects, a rewarding learning experience. As well as being very exciting to have a published comic with my name on it!
Ultimately it was very time consuming to work on this project, and it took me away from drawing and developing my own stories ( which is still, and always has been my goal.) so after completing the first two issues of the series, I decided to leave the colour work in someone else's capable hands.
Both of the issue's I had worked on are in comic shops now. They were released in March and April respectively ( sorry for the late post.) And actually issue 4 has just come out today! I think you should definitely check it out. It's fresh and fun, and of course it's good to support young up and coming independent comic creators. I wish the creative team all the best in finishing the series.


below, in non-sequential order, are some of my favourite pages that I worked on from the series: (unlettered)











No comments: